Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Toronto and Niagara Falls, Eh?

Last week, Amy and I both had business trips to Toronto. (What are the odds of that?) I gave a couple of two hour presentations at a technical conference and Amy worked with her Canada team. We also spent a few days of vacation to see the city and head over to Niagara Falls.

On Wednesday and Thursday, both Amy and I worked all day. On Friday, Amy needed to work but I was free so I walked around downtown Toronto. You can tell I was in Candada by this statue I found. It was close to the hockey hall of fame.
Here is a picture of St James Cathedral. There were several cool churches like this in downtown Toronto.

I walked by this huge mall that has the largest Future Shop in Canada. Future Shop is one of Amy's clients. They are like BestBuy but even bigger in Canada. It also had a Jack Astor's. Amy and I ate at one of those during the week.
This is the street van I ate at during my day walking around. This was by far the cheapest meal I had all week and was really good. I got a huge order of fries and the covered it with gravy. After Amy finished working on Friday, we made the trip to Niagara Falls. Here is the view from our hotel room. We were on the 20th floor and had a nice view of the Canadian falls. The Canadian falls are the horseshoe shaped falls that most people are familiar with.
Here is a view of the Canadian falls from the Canadian side.
Here is a view of the US falls from Canada.
This is us in front of the falls. Don't they look great behind us? Trust me, the falls are there.
On Saturday, we drove over to the US side where our tour was. Amy booked a really cool tour for us where we saw all sorts of stuff in Niagara. The hotels in the background are on the Canadian side. (Our hotel is the rectangular building on the right in the clump of the buildings on the left.) The Canadian horseshoe falls are just to the left of the hotels.
Here is a side shot of the US falls.
Me in front of the US falls.
Yet another view of the US falls. This one is from an observation deck that extends from the land. Here, you can really see all of the rocks below the US falls.
Here is a picture of the Canadian falls from the "Maid of the Mist" boat tour we went on. When comparing this to the US falls, you can see why everyone who tries to go over the falls go down the Canadian side.
On the US side, there is decking that allows you to get really close to the falls. The main US falls are on the left and the Bridal falls is what you see on the right. The island in between is call Luna Island since you can see rainbows at night from it with the light of the moon. Amy hanging out close to the falls.
Here are the two of us in front of the falls. You might wonder why my face mask is pulled so much tighter...Well, I had our camera backback on and wanted to make sure it stayed dry and I went up to the Hurricane Deck where a lot more water comes down on you.

Here is one of the videos I took of the falls.

No comments:

Post a Comment