Saturday, January 2, 2010

Dallas Cowboy Hats for the Twins

I've been looking for a couple Dallas Cowboy beanies for the twins. Surprisingly, I could not find any place to buy these. My mom heard about this and decided to make a couple of hats for the twins. My mom is pretty good with a sewing machine and sometimes enjoys making stuff. (She made me a really nice t-shirt quilt a year or so ago.) Below are some pictures of what she came up with.

She didn't know exactly how big to make the hats. The one thing she did know is that Caroline's head is currently bigger than Caden's. As you can see, she successfully made the hat for Caroline bigger than the one for Caden. The one for Caroline is almost large enough to fit me...
...While Caden needs to wear his tiny hat like a beret. :)

Well, my mom still had some more of the Dallas Cowboys material so she decided to try again. This time, she got the sizes right! Don't the twins look good in their Dallas Cowboys hats? They always where these when they watch Cowboy games with Daddy. Hopefully, there will be several more games this season for us to use these hats...

1 comment:

  1. Loved the cap story! Caden looks like he borrowed a surgeon's cap.

    ReplyDelete