Friday, April 9, 2010

Bluebonnets

Every kid born or raised in Texas needs their picture taken with some bluebonnets. With the bluebonnets being in full bloom, Amy I definitely wanted to photograph our little guys.

Amy found a nice patch close to our house for us to photograph Caden and Caroline. They both loved it. Caroline smiled much of the time while Caden analyzed everything and took in his surrounds. I tried to explain to them that it is against the law to pick bluebonnets, but they didn't seemed to care. I'm sad to say, a number of bluebonnets were harmed in the filming of this adventure.

I thought they needed a pic wearing their bunny ears.
Caroline has the nicest smile. Don't you just want to pick her up and give her a big hug and kiss?
Caroline is not the only one that can smile. Caden has a nice smile as well. He is just a little more stingy with smiling...unless he is flying around of course.Another one of my little guy.
I feel like Caroline was trying to call towards the camera in this picture.
Despite the bald head, no bow, and blue clothes, this next one is of Caroline. I really like this picture...even though, to the untrained eye, you might not be able to tell that this is a baby girl. :)
Caden was very interested in this yellow flower. It was the only yellow flower within three feet of him. Caden played with it for several minutes. I can't believe the flower did not fall apart.
There was a nice patch of yellow flowers for us to pose in as well.In this picture, I think Caden was trying to talk to Mommy.I sure hope bluebonnets are not too poisonous because both kids got a taste of the flowers. Caroline got a taste by stripping the blue pedals off of one flower and putting them in her mouth. I had to dig around in her mouth to pull them all out. Luckily, Caroline didn't mind Daddy doing this one bit. Caden had a different approach. He stuck an entire bluebonnet in his mouth by leaning over to it and pulling it in. This is a picture of him starting his feast. I didn't get a picture of it all the way in his mouth because I was too busy putting the camera down so I could pull it out.
I like this one of the two of them. It is very difficult to get a good picture of two kids at the same time. I guess this one is cheating a little by letting Caroline be blurry in the background.
We had a lot of fun taking pictures of the kids. We might try to make another trip or two out to take some more.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! The pictures are beautiful--of course I love 'blue' bonnets. The babies are so photogenic now. I love the pictures and laughed a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful.. I love bluebonnets - but it makes me so homesick for Texas now. Your babies are adorable!

    JO

    www.teensandtriplets.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. they are sooo cute I hope you are having a blast being home.. call me so we can meet and still do lunch or a play date.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amy,

    I remember doing that with Stacia and Leah! Your children are absolutely beautiful and I hope you print and frame some of those pictures.

    Betsy Nassos

    ReplyDelete