Monday, October 18, 2010

A Gross Sick Kid Story

As I mentioned before, there was a diarrhea story. Warning, this one is a little gross.

I was at work and Amy was home with two sick kids. After I been away for a couple hours, I get a call from Amy saying I needed to come home right away and help out. I could hear to screaming kids and the "I've had enough" tone of Amy's voice.

When I got home, Amy told me about the straw that broke the camel's back. Amy had already changed close to ten dirty diapers and was no longer putting clothes back on the kids. They were just crawling around in diapers. Amy was in the middle of changing Caroline on the changing table when Caden came crawling in crying. Amy looked down and noticed Caden needed another diaper change and to make matters worse, half his diaper had come off and there was a lot of liquid poo!

Caden looked at his diaper, looked at Amy, and then back to his diaper. He proceeded to stick his hand deep into his diaper and pulled out a completely dirty hand. With Caroline on the table and also covered in poo, the only thing Amy could do was say, "no, no, no, Caden, no...do not put your hand in your mouth, no, Caden, no, no, no". Thankfully, Caden listened. He was content just looking at his disgusting hand.

Amy cleaned up the kids and immediately called me.

Can you guess what I'm thankful for? Maybe I should save this for Thanksgiving but I'm thankful all this happened while I was at work. :) I would not have dealt with it as well as Amy.

1 comment: