Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Caden's Blankie

Caden has a baby blankie that he loves. It is very soft, light blue, and has his name embroidered on the edge. This is a horrible picture of it but you get the idea.
One thing that calms Caden down is rubbing one of the seams between his fingers. After 22 months of this rubbing, Caden wore a tiny hole in the seam. Soon, the hole was large enough to stick his finger into...which he of course did. Just a couple days later, the hole was the size of a golf ball.

We knew the hole would continue growing so we asked Grammie to sew it shut. She quickly patched the hole and gave Caden his refurbished blankie. Within seconds of receiving his blankie, Caden said, "Uh oh... uh oh... broken... fix... fix... broken... fix... fix."

While saying "fix" over and over, he tried to hand me the blanket and show me what needed to be fixed. Both Caden and Caroline believe I can fix anything. Thankfully, I have yet to disappoint them with my fixing ability...although most of the time "fixing" means taping a book back together or replacing the batteries in a toy. :)

I told him his blankie was not broken but was instead better than before. I don't think he believed me. Either way, everyone got a good laugh out of Caden.

1 comment:

  1. Precious! Contessa does the same thing with the ears and tail on a little stuffed lamb to soothe herself. That's great that Caden thought it wasn't broken until it was fixed. :)

    ReplyDelete