Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Homemade Play Dough

I was reading a few mommy blogs recently and got the idea to make homeade playdoh. My mom made it for me all the time and I loved it, so, I decided to give it a try. It's a super easy recipe and it only took a few minutes to make the dough. The hardest part was kneading in the colors. Here is the concoction in the pan, it cooked for about 3 - 4 minutes before it literally balled up into a playdoh ball. So easy!

You can see my brightly colored green dough ball in the upper corner of the picture. The color is so bright, I love it. This is my red dough ball below. I added a TON of red die to the mixture, and I still ended up with only a dusty rose color instead of red. In the future, I think I'll leave the Red mixture to the people at Mattel, or Fisher Price, or wherever Playdoh is made!
Note to self. Take off wedding ring BEFORE mixing playdoh next time.
Green! So bright and pretty!
Caroline enjoying making shapes with Playdoh. She plays with the dough almost every day and enjoys making circles and stars. Not sure why she doesn't have a shirt on in this picture or why I didn't stop and put a shirt on her before Jason started snapping pictures.....ahhhhh, life with twins!


Kiddos playing with the dough. This was their first playdoh experience. We put a sheet and some waxed paper down on the floor and let them have fun playing with it. Since then, we've moved the playdoh to a play table that they have in the corner of our kitchen.
They have gotten hours of play out of the homeade playdoh, it was well worth the effort!!

No comments:

Post a Comment