Monday, October 31, 2011

Birthday Tire Swing

For the twins first birthday, I built the twins a swing set. This year, I didn't do any where near as much. Instead, Amy and I bought them a tire swing. I designed the swing set to accommodate a tire swing underneath the tower and was looking forward to eventually getting one.

Amy and I got a good deal on a tire swing from a Toys 'R' Us that was moving. The rope was too long and it was designed to be hung like a traditional swing from two points but I thought I could make it work. I shorted the rope and bought some stuff from Home Depot so I could hang the swing from one point in a way where it could spin. I also needed to reinforce the floor boards to hold the tire swing.

Here is the new tire swing before either kid ever saw it.
Caroline was immediately interested in the tire swing. She was so cute holding on tightly. After getting on, she right away started saying, "Caden, sit there" referring to the seat opposite of her.
Caden was happy to get onto the swing with Caroline.
They both wanted me to sit on their with them but I told them I was too big and the tire swing is just for kids.
I pushed the twins all around spinning them quite a bit. They loved it and held on very tight.
After I got them off the swing, they were both a little dizzy. Caden actually fell over several times trying to walk. He found this hilarious.

Now, when I take the kids out to play on the swing set, they first want to swing on the normal swing. After awhile, they want to climb on the tower and go down the slide. And after doing that a few times, they always want to play on the tire swing.

No comments:

Post a Comment