Sunday, November 3, 2013

Disney Cruise -- Beaches

Our top priority when at port was to go to a beach. We accomplished that at our first stop in Jamaica. We docked in Falmouth and took a 30 minute taxi bus to a beach in Montego Bay.

Our kids had never been to a beach and we were very excited to take them. Here are the kids going into the water for their first time.
We spent much of our day swimming around chasing fish and looking for sea shells. (Customs confiscated the shells we tried to bring back with us.) I did some snorkeling and Amy got a 45 minute massage from a local. I managed to get a fairly severe sunburn because soon after I reapplied sunscreen onto my back, a local rubbed baby oil on my back and rubbed my shoulders trying to convince me to let Amy get a massage. We didn't think twice until getting back to the boat and seeing my back was already red!

Here is Caden with a couple of his finds. He has coral in one hand in a shell in the other.
 We also spent time playing the sand. We built some sand castles and buried Caden.
We enjoyed our first beach. Jamaica was beautiful and we could not have had any better weather.

The next day, we woke up in Grand Cayman. This time, we had a boat excursion to a beach and Grammie and Poppa were coming along. Here we are on the bus.
The ten minute bus ride took us to Tiki Beach. This beach was fairly different from the one in Jamaica. This one had more waves though they were all small. The sand was thicker and softer here as well. Also, the water got deeper much more quickly and there was a nearby coral reef to greatly improve the snorkeling.
Caroline was very excited to be at another beach.
 The same was true with Caden.
Caroline enjoying the water.
I love Caden in his goggles.
I took both kids out to see the coral reef. They would ride on my back as I swam out. I'd stop and they'd stick their heads in the water. Caden thought it was great and saw tons of fish. Caroline was a little too timid and didn't want to go out very far.

Caden and Grammie enjoying the water.

Our kids loved going to the beaches. We can't wait to take them to another. Grammie was already saying we needed to take a trip to a Florida beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment