Friday, December 10, 2010

Christmas Tree Lights

The Sunday after Thanksgiving, we retrieved our Christmas decorations from the attic and decorated the house. Amy loves decorating for Christmas and was very excited. My excitement took a nose dive when I plugged the Christmas tree and found two entire light strands were not working!

On our tree, when one light burns out, the rest of the strand stay on. The same is true for two, three, or even four lights. But for some reason, when five lights are burned out, all the lights in a strand go out!

I checked each bulb individually by painfully pulling it out of the bad strand, hoping not to electrocute myself, and putting it into a good strand. When I finished finding all the bad bulbs, can you believe that there ended up being 16 burned out lights on one single strand!?! How in the world does that happen? Amy's dad has a theory that Christmas tree lights were designed to cause Christians to sin while trying to get them all working.

Here are the bad bulbs from the one strand.
I found all these bad bulbs on just one of the two bad strands. But I had enough and instead of fixing the second strand, I just turned the tree so the still bad strand was hidden in the back. Maybe Caden will deal with it when he gets older.

No comments:

Post a Comment