Sunday, December 12, 2010

Opening Presents a Little Early

In our family, Amy buys most of the gifts and I do all the wrapping. With the number of presents Amy likes buying, I end up doing a lot of wrapping.

In my previous post, I talked about the kids being initially scared of the Christmas tree. This was never the case with the presents underneath the tree.

Caden enjoys picking a present and pulling it away from the tree where he proceeds to sit on the present. It is hard to get a picture of him sitting on the present but I like this one. Some of the less structurally sound boxes might be a little bent up when we give them away.
Caroline looks sneaky as she pulls the lid off of Grammie's present.
When I was at work one day, the kids escalated their playing with the presents. When Amy saw this, knowing full well how hard I worked wrapping the presents, she decided the best course of action was to photograph them as they destroyed my hard work! Thanks, hon! :)
Here is Caden biting off more than he can chew by trying to pull out this large present.
Here is Caden literally biting off more than he can chew with that same large present.
Here is what I saw when I got home from work. Amy put the presents back under the tree but you can see some damage had been done.
I plan to re-wrap these before we give them to our family. But who knows, it might just be too much of an uphill battle. Some of our presents might be in crushed boxes with some more than slightly ripped paper. :)

UPDATE: Soon submitting this post, I snapped these pictures. I thought they were worth adding to the post.
I sure hope the present Caroline is standing on isn't fragile.

2 comments:

  1. This blog was hilarious--I just laughed out loud. Glad they are enjoying Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't have to re-wrap my gifts. I don't mind baby Caden teeth marks!

    ReplyDelete