Thursday, July 5, 2012

Father's Day Cake

For Father's Day, I picked out several desserts and asked Amy to make one of them for me. Amy decided to make an Oreo Cake that I found on Pinterest. (Yes, I'm one of half dozen guys actually on Pinterest and it is awesome. I pin stuff for the garage, desserts, and fun stuff to do with kids.)

The Oreo Cake ended up being quite a bit of work with a cake and multiple types of frosting made from scratch. Of course, Caden and Caroline helped. Caroline was very excited to wear her apron (made by Grandma) and chefs had. By the time this picture was taken, Caden was ready to take off his Home Depot apron.
Caroline decided to try the chocolate frosting they had just finished making and she loved it! Caroline must have stuck her finger into the frosting a half dozen times before we put a stop to it. I couldn't blame her for this, especially since I put my finger in a half dozen times before Amy put a stop to it.
 
 Here is the final product. It was delicious.
On a related sad note, I decided to take the leftover cake (more than half) to work to share with my team. I put it in Amy's cake carrier and went to work. On the walk to my desk, the bottom fell off the cake carrier and I was left holding the top half by the handle designed for carrying while my delicious cake was splattered all over the floor! I considered getting a fork and eating it directly off the floor (remember the Friends episode about the cheesecake)...
...but I decided to clean it up the best I could instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment