Sunday, July 15, 2012

Kitchen Backsplash

Ever since we moved in, Amy and I have been talking about putting a backsplash up in our kitchen and we finally decided to do it. After a lot of debating on what sort of tile we wanted, buying more than a dozen samples, asking for numerous opinions from friends and family, then ignoring those opinions, we decided on a neutral color natural stone in the subway shape.

On a weekend where Grandma was coming to town, I put up the tile with some help from the wife. Here is what it looked like just before I started.
 Here is the work in progress.
Almost all the tile was up at this time. I just needed to make some cuts for the tiles on the end and the tiles surrounding the power outlet.
Here is the finished backsplash.
 
 
We are very happy with how the backsplash turned out. I wish we had done it a long time ago. It wasn't very difficult, didn't take too long, and was fairly inexpensive.

No comments:

Post a Comment