Monday, August 10, 2009

My First Punch

After 29 weeks, I felt one of our babies move for the first time! Up until tonight, every time I put my hand on Amy's stomach to feel a moving baby, they immediately calmed down and stopped moving. Amy thinks my hand and voice have a calming affect on the twins.

Tonight was a different story. Amy called me over and told me to be quite and not say a word. I quietly snuck over and put my hand on Amy's belly. Sure enough, I felt one of them give a pretty serious punch. Then, the baby kept moving around for another few minutes. Amy was not sure which child was moving but she thinks it was most likely the girl.

I was surprised how much I could actually feel. I thought that the punching or kicking would be soft where I might not even be positive it was happening. That was definitely not the case. I could easily feel the baby's hand push out and then move around. I can see why Amy complains about being kicked in the bladder. That was some pretty serious movement...and I only felt a hand. I'm sure the kicking is much stronger.

I look forward to the next time I get punched.

1 comment:

  1. you might look forward to it but Amy might not. When the babies get a little bit bigger you can see her stomach move. Noel loved watching the shape of my stomach change with the triplets. At one point he could see the shape of Esther's foot move across my belly.

    ReplyDelete