Wednesday, July 29, 2009

37 Weeks!

I went to the doctor for my 27 Week Check-Up yesterday. I go every two weeks, so, normally, there isn't anything to write about. Yesterday was a bit different!

First, the doctor measures my belly (this is never fun), I am 27 weeks pregnant, however, my belly measures 37 weeks! Yay twins! They have lots of room in there. I am afraid to hear what my belly will actually measure at 37 weeks. One of my friends with twins measured 50 weeks when she was at 37 weeks, I am sure this will be lovely!

Second, we had the c-section conversation. I've always known that with twins I have a higher risk for having a c-section. One of the babies has been positioned correctly for 26 weeks....so I thought maybe I wouldn't have to have the c-section at all. But, last week sometime, she turned around, and now both babies are breech. The doctor says she'll continue to monitor their positions, however, this late in the pregnancy, it's unlikely that they will both turn. So, c-section it is! The best thing I see is that I get paid another 2 weeks for my maternity leave, so, it's not all bad!

Right now, the babies are a combined 5 lbs! Keep praying for healthy babies, our goal is at least 5.5 lbs each, more if we can make it! That's 11 lbs of baby! We'll have more updates on the babies coming over the next few weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment