Friday, July 24, 2009

Our 10 Minute Car Ride

My family was in town for my first baby shower this weekend and Jason and I had the privilege of driving my niece, Ella, and oldest nephew, Will, to dinner. Ella and Will requested to ride with us, so, rather than take their car seats out of my mom's car and into our car, it was easier for Jason to just drive my mom's car. When we're in the car with Will and Ella, there is never a shortage of conversation, here are some of the highlights from our drive:

----------Conversation #1----------

Me: I hate that my mom's car makes that beeping noise when you back up.
Will: Did you say "hate"?
Me: No
Will: But I heard you.
(Oh great, now I've used the word "hate" and lied about it! What kind of parent will I be??)
Me: I probably should have said "I would prefer if Grammie's car didn't make that noise"
Will: OK (He seemed content with this answer...phew!)
Ella chimes in: It doesn't beep this much when Grammie drives it.

----------Conversation #2----------

Will (out of no where): Sometimes, when your nose is stuffy, you can put water in a teapot and pour it in your nose, then, you will feel better.
Me: Will, what make you think of that?
Will: I don't know.

I'm assuming that Will has never actually used a Neti pot, but, he seems to be well versed in how it operates!

We love our conversations with Ella & Will, they are so much fun! I can't wait until it's our two kids in the backseat engaging us in conversation! Hopefully by then, I will have learned not to use the word "hate".

No comments:

Post a Comment