Wednesday, July 22, 2009

I Scared the Bajeezes Out of Amy Last Night

Like Amy does every night, she woke up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom. As she slowly got out of bed (this is a lot of effort for a woman pregnant with twins), Amy heard me move on my side of the bed. Her getting out of bed must have woken me up and I realized I needed to go the bathroom. (I drank a lot of water after my late basketball game.) Not noticing Amy was no longer next to me, I quietly made my way to the bathroom so I would not wake her. I must have been only a couple seconds behind Amy because right as she was flipping the bathroom light on, I accidentally touched her back trying to open the door.

I have never seen someone so scared in my life. She let out an airy "uh, uh, uh" scream and violently shook her arms around her face as if she was a T-Rex trying to swat a fly away from her face. This went on for several seconds...long after she realized it was me who touched her.

I felt so bad and was worried she was going to have a heart attack or go into labor. Amy said the incident definitely woke the twins up.

Thankfully, everything is okay and there was no lasting trauma. :) Now, we find the event humorous. It made me thing of my friend, Jeff, who loves scaring his wife, Shawna. Jeff would have been proud of me for this scare. Let's see him top this one!

3 comments:

  1. there will be lots of moments when you have an experience that you are going through that after it is over all you will do is laugh. That is the beauty of having children.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is hilarious! But I also feel for sweet little Amy getting scared out of her mind, I would have flipped too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That happens to Mom and I all the time! I scream when she walks around the corner, even when I know she's there! Let's hope Amy and I never run into each other in the hallway when I stay with y'all...

    ReplyDelete