Friday, November 20, 2009

Jason's Un-Birthday Day

Jason's birthday was this week, but, if you were at our house, you wouldn't know it at all! It seems that life really is all about the kids right now.

You see, I normally try to make a big deal out of his birthday, I make a special dessert, we have a special meal and there are always lots of presents! This year was supposed to be no different, but, instead, turned out to be as low key as birthday's come.

First, I think that sweet Caroline may have known it was her Daddy's special day and probably wanted to spend a few additional hours with him. That's why she had her worst night of sleep since birth! Jason was up with her late the night before his birthday, I conveniently slept through the crying. Funny thing is, he finally got her to sleep at around 11:45. At midnight, she started crying again, not knowing that he had been up with her so long, I punched his side and told him it was his turn ;) Oops!

After that, we had multiple feedings in the middle of the night, 2:00 am and 6:00 am. I had planned on doing the feedings on my own, we stagger their feedings so that I can easily feed them during the day on my own.....but that night was different....both kids woke up hungry at the same time and I forced Jason to stumble out of bed to help me.

Needless to say, the rest of the day with the kids was exhausting. Jason got home from work a little early that day....and I took the opportunity to take a nap. I slept two full hours while he took care of the kids.

That night, instead of a normal birthday dinner, we had leftover Taco Soup. Jason had to heat up his own bowl. To my credit, I had planned on ordering pizza (Jason's favorite), but his team went to Double Daves during lunch, so, he came home already overloaded on pizza that day.

I did actually make Jason a cake. The problem is, I slightly overcooked it because I was busy with the kids when the timer went off. When I cut Jason a piece of cake, I tried to get the well cooked portion - that didn't happen. His piece was all dry. My piece? Well, my piece was delicious! Apparently I couldn't tell which portion of the cake was overcooked!

Although there were no presents from me this year, I did manage to get a card, and we decided to buy a Flip Mino for his birthday --- that means lots of videos will be posted to the blog soon!

Here are a few pictures of Jason and the kids over the last few weeks. They love their daddy!

2 comments:

  1. welcome to reality. It will not be about either of you for the first couple of years, because the kids take up so much time. I remember the nights of kicking Noel to help me with feedings. I am glad that he does not remember the first 6 months of the triplets life. After there is a routine that is when you need to make time for each other. It changes; Noel and I have movie night and we turn our phones off and have time together. Or we have dinner after the "safari" goes to bed. You have to be creative. Happy late birthday. The kids look wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love the pictures and story!

    ReplyDelete