Saturday, July 31, 2010

Cooper's BBQ in Llano

Last weekend, we planned another BBQ trip. This time, we were heading to Cooper's in Llano.

But just a thirty minutes before we were planning to leave, we realized Caden had a fever and was not feeling well! Amy decided to take him to the doctor instead of Cooper's. (He had an ear infection but is doing better now.) Thankfully, Amy let me go to Cooper's without her. It ended up being a guys trip (Matt, Russell, Chris, and Braden) plus Caroline. We all piled into Chris's car and made the one hour trip to Cooper's.
Here are the pits at Cooper's. When your order your meat, you walk right up to the pit and tell the guy what you want and about how much of it. You take it inside where they weight it, package it, and bill you.
Here is my "plate." I had pork ribs, beef ribs, sausage, brisket, turkey, and pork. believe it or not, there was more food there than you see in the picture--a lot of it was stacked on itself. :)
As you can see, Caroline hated every minute of it. :)The ribs, both pork and beef, were my favorite thing at Cooper's. I thought Cooper's was really good (better than everywhere I've been in Austin) but I liked both places we went to in Lockhart more. Cooper's was also a little bit expensive...but part of that was because I ordered almost everything. :)

Caroline and I had a lot of fun together! We can't wait for the next BBQ trip. Hopefully, Mommy and Caden will come on that one.

1 comment:

  1. mmmm.... ty Luling City Market in Luling... can't be beat!

    ReplyDelete