Monday, July 11, 2011

Helping Mommy Make an Apple Pie

We couldn't make it to Dallas on Father's Day to celebrate with Grandpa so we decided to celebrate a few weeks later during the Fourth of July weekend. One of his gifts was going to be one of Amy's delicious apple pies. Amy makes by far the best apple pie I've ever had.

When Amy started making the pie, the twins decided they really wanted to help. Amy pulled a couple kitchen chairs over to the island so Caden and Caroline could help out. This is the first time they have ever helped make something in the kitchen. Everyone had a lot of fun.

Here is Mommy and her two helpers peeling/cutting an apple.
The twins were very interested in the slicer, peeler, cutter.
Here is Caroline giving it a try.
Caden wanted in on the action.
Caden didn't think he could wait for the apple pie to be finished. He decided to to try (aka: lick) an apple as Caroline turned it.Delicious!

Of course, if Caden does something, Caroline needs to also do it.
As you can see, Caroline managed to get a little bite.
It was so good, she went in for some more.
Here is a picture of the final product. It was delicious!Amy had a lot of fun baking with the twins. I'm sure this will be the first of many more kitchen helpers.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, that looks like so much! Can I help, too? I don't think I'll need a chair to stand on, though. :) I bet the kids had a blast "helping". I'd love your recipe if it's not a secret. (I don't have a good one for apple pie, yet.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even though they're Cases, I can tell they're BAKERS too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So funny Angela!! :)

    Denise -- it's not a family secret, just a recipe off of the internet. I'll forward it to you in a separate e-mail. I have been making this pie at family functions for a few years and everyone loves it! Plus, it gave me an excuse to get an apple peeler/corer/slicer. I love kitchen gadgets!

    ReplyDelete