Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Sleeping and Peeing -- February 21, 2009

Amy does nothing but sleep and pee. She goes to the bathroom five or six times a night and probably thirty times every day. Amy wakes up after I’ve already left for work. (At least, that’s what she tells me.) When I get home, she is typically resting on the couch ("resting" is what most people would call "sleeping" or "napping"). About every hour, she gets up to pee. At about 6:00pm, Amy will get up and eat a piece of peanut butter toast and then head back to the couch...after making a quick pit stop in the little girl’s room of course. At about 8:30pm, I wake Amy up and tell her it is time for bed. Within ten minutes, she is out for the night. You might think that with all the sleeping, it would be hard for Amy to sleep through the night. You’d be wrong, but you might think that.

Out of love (Amy), I was curious about Amy’s sleeping patterns so I asked my friend Jack (whose wife is also pregnant) about her sleeping patterns. Jack said Jenny did not sleep anywhere near as much as Amy. I reported this to Amy who was not thrilled with me. I tried to explain how I was concerned and wanted to understand but she just thought it was annoying that I would “gossip” about her. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment