Thursday, April 16, 2009

Perinatologist Visit

Jason and I went to our 3 hour appt with the Perinatologist today! So exciting! Wanted to send you all a quick update: Both Babies are healthy! Their heartbeats are both 156 and they both measure 12 weeks and 5 days. One day ahead of schedule. They tested both babies to measure the fluid behind their necks. A measurement above 3 means that the babies are at a higher risk for Down’s Syndrome, a measurement between 1 and 2 is really good and means we have a very low chance of Downs. One baby measured at 1.5 and the other at 1.6 – both really good!! Phew!

On a personal, and somewhat selfish note, we talked to the doctor about my migraines. He gave me a new prescription for migraine medicine to help me out. It’s much safer than what my Neurologist had given me and he thinks it’s more effective. Hopefully, this will give me some relief from the constant headaches.

Also, we had some shocking news. The doctor said that his goal was for the babies to deliver at 5 lbs, 5 ounces or larger. Which means that he thinks we’ll have babies in hand by the third week of September. Also, he said that we should plan for me to be in the hospital at least once, if not multiple times starting in Mid to late August. I’ll see him again in 6 weeks, then every 4 weeks until we reach week 32, at week 32, I’ll start seeing him weekly. He says that most of his twins reach 36 weeks.

So, we have LOTS to do to get ready! I guess we’ll have to be ready in August.

Keep praying for healthy babies!

No comments:

Post a Comment