Monday, May 25, 2009

Arkansas Canoe Trip

A little more than a week ago, I went on a canoe trip in Arkansas organized by a couple guys at Grace. We were on the river for three days and three nights. Amy was very sad that I was away but let me go anyway. Here are a few of the pictures from the trip.



This was at our third campsite. This is a tree within a tree. The water must have been very tall to make this happen. This tree was our source of firewood on this island.

Here is the tent I shared with another guy. I think this must be the world's worst tent. It was shorter than it appears in this picture (the top touched my stomach when I laid in it), both ends were wide open (which allowed sand to blow through at high speeds), and the bottom six inches of the sides was mesh (which was perfect for allowing water in during the two severe thunderstorms we experienced).

Here is a panorama of our first campsite. This site had the best view but not quite as much sand as the other sites.

Here is our second site. This was the nicest of the three. It was the size of a football field covered mostly in nice sand.


Our third site was on a small island that was around 50 feet wide and 150 feet long. Water was rapidly flowing by on both sides of the island.

No comments:

Post a Comment