Monday, May 18, 2009

Flutters and the Tape Measure, oh, and a little Arthritis!

I got the best Mother's Day present ever on Mother's Day! Besides the lovely morning sickness that Jason blogged about earlier, I had a much more pleasant surprise that evening! Flutters!! I've been told that babies moving feels like butterly flutters in your tummy. It was great! I loved feeling the babies move for the first time!

On Friday, the 15th, while Jason was canoing in Arkansas, I had an appt at the Dr's office. She did a quick sonogram that was so cute! One of the babies was super active and was waving at me, the other was sleeping soundly. After the last sonogram we had when both babies were so active, I've been a little worried. I envision myself exhausted chasing two active toddlers around the house! Hopefully at least one of them will be a little mellow.

Now, my latest pregnancy symptom (the things they never tell you about) is that I feel as though I have a mild case of arthritis. It's developed over the last few days. I read briefly about it online, it's fairly common in multiple pregnancies since most of the blood in my body is centered in my abdomen, my limbs are getting less circulation, causing the ache in my joints. Oddly enough, one way to increase the blood flow is to sleep on my left side. Thankfully, my sweet mom and niece Ella picked out a pregnancy pillow called the Snoogle for me! I've slept on it the last few nights and I love it!!

Oh, and one of the most fun things I've done is start my registry! It's by no means complete at all, however, when my sister-in-law, Amy, was in town, I decided to lean on her expertise (mom of three and nurse) to help me with the registry. I basically followed her around Babies R Us with the Registry gun scanning everything she told me to while taking in all of her advice! I have a feeling this won't be the last advice I get from her!!

We go to the Perinatologist to find out the sexes of our little ones this Thursday! I can hardly wait! I hope they both cooperate!

1 comment: