Monday, May 24, 2010

First Time Swimming

Ever since the twins were born, Amy has been looking forward to taking them swimming. When I got home from work on Friday, we decided to finally do so. The four of us put on bathing suits and two of us put on swimming diapers. We covered ourselves with sunscreen, grabbed a whole bunch of towels and headed to the community pool. We were very excited!

When we got to the pool and started to get in the water, our first thought was "this water is a lot cooler than I thought it would be." We decided to play in the pool anyway. It wasn't that cold and we figured the kids would get used to it. I took Caden and Amy took Caroline.

After getting in the water, I immediately blew in Caden's face to make him hold his breath and I dunked him under water. Amy thought I dunked him way to deep but the pool was only four feet deep and I thought he should touch the bottom. Ok, not really. I probably put his head six (maybe twelve) inches below the surface. He didn't mind being dunked at all. I tried it a few more times and he even enjoyed it as long as I made him fly out of the water.

I then traded Caden for Caroline. Amy couldn't build up the nerve to put her face under water but I obviously had no problem. Caroline dealt with going under water just like Caden.

Here are a few of the pictures from our swimming adventure. It was very hard to take good pictures while trying keep the kids head above water, keep the camera dry, and avoid the older kids that kept jumping into the pool (who I think were trying to splash us).
We were probably in the water for ten minutes before the kids started shivering and we decided it was time to leave. I think the kids favorite part of the experience was being pushed around the pool as quickly as we could do so. But honestly, I'm not sure when we'll do it again. It was like 45 minutes of prep time for 10 minutes of play and I think the twins would have had more fun in the bath tub. :)

1 comment:

  1. Cutest little swimmers ever. Good parents, too. I remember I let Angela get a sunburn at that age.

    ReplyDelete