Monday, February 21, 2011

Our First Saturday Morning Donuts

One thing I've been looking forward to doing was take my kids to get donuts. Well, the three of us finally did so this last Saturday.

I grew up liking small, family owned donut shops and I still prefer them today. One of my favorites is Jumbo Donuts on Parmer over by Mopac. They make the world's best apple fritters. I didn't even know I liked apple fritters until I had one from here. Even though there are probably a dozen donuts stores closer to our house, I wanted Jumbo Donuts to be Caden and Caroline's first.
I had planned to order myself an apple fritter and I was hoping to buy 2-3 donut holes for the twins. Well, the worker didn't speak English well enough for me to try to buy such a weird number of donut holes so I ended up just getting a dozen.
I was pretty sure Caroline would love donuts and boy did she ever. I handed her a donut hole which she quickly shoved it into her mouth as if someone was trying to steal it. Here is a picture of Caroline enjoying her first donut ever.This is a picture taken five seconds after I handed her the donut hole. She had already fit the entire thing in her mouth and stood up to grab another.
Caroline noticed I pulled the donut out of one of these little white bags so she quickly helped herself to a second one. Her second donut ever lasted about five seconds as well.
Caroline was reaching for a third when I moved the bag away. Her cheeks were puffed way out with donuts. I told her she needed to chew and swallow what she had.

While I was sure Caroline would love donuts, I was equally sure Caden would not. I handed Caden his first donut hole which he licked once and then never moved it towards his mouth again. Instead, he just wanted to walk around the donut shop holding his donut.
Caden was very content walking around while Caroline sat in a booth enjoying donuts. Caroline eventually managed to swallow her first two donuts and then she really wanted another. I decided to let her have one more donut hole before we left. I then quickly ate the remaining eight so that I could show her the empty bag and tell her all the donuts were gone. Ah,parenting at its tastiest!
The three of us had a lot of fun on our quick donut trip. I look forward to taking them out for donuts again real soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment