Wednesday, March 16, 2011

We Love Kale

I went to the grocery store and decided to buy some kale. I don't think I've had it before but I've heard it is good and it was only $0.88 for a large bushel of kale.

For my first kale cooking experience, I decided to make kale chips in the oven. Amy and I thought they were delicious and were surprised that our kids loved them as well. We gave each kid a single kale chip and they immediately started reaching over to our plates to get more. This is especially shocking for Caden, who in general doesn't like eating and will rarely try new foods.
You can still see some of the kale on Caden's face.
"Oh, kale. I love you but I'm gonna have ta eat you."
"Yum, yum, yum!"
"So delicious!"
The twins ended up eating most of the kale I made. Next time, I'll need to make more so Amy and I can have a serving as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment