Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Baby Updates - Week 33

Yesterday was Tuesday! That means I was able to leave the house for the first time in a week! Yay! Unfortunately, I only left for a few doctors appts, but still, it was so nice to be out and about!

There aren't very many updates from the doctors visits. My blood pressure seems to be controlled well by the bed rest, so for now, we wait. Both doctors told me to keep up the bed rest and come to see them next week.

We scheduled a c-section for October 5th, that's the first available date that the hospital will allow a scheduled c-section. We'll be at almost 37 1/2 weeks at that point. Until then, I have been told all of the symptoms of severe pre-eclampsia and pre-term labor. If I either go into labor before the 3rd, or have syptoms of advanced pre-eclampsia, we'll deliver right away.

While the thought of not delivering until week 37 sounds great, the thought of being on bed rest until then does not! Oh well, we'll just take it one day at a time and do what's best for the babies!
Oh, and one last thing....my belly measures the same as a singleton pregnancy at week 43. This is probably the reason for my extreme discomfort and inability to breathe! :)

2 comments:

  1. I am very proud of you Amy--keep on resting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. stay positive, sister!

    we grilled out at mimi's and poppy's monday. missed you all and are looking forward to meeting the latest addition to our clan.

    ReplyDelete