Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Bed Rest - Day 1

That's right, you read correctly. My doctor officially put me on bed rest on Monday morning. What does bed rest mean? Basically, I can get up out of a lying (not sitting) position to shower, use the restroom or go get food from the kitchen. Other than that, I am supposed to be lying down at all times. This could be a long few weeks!

So, here we are on day 2 and I have already noticed that some things are more difficult when you can't even sit up! Typing is a little slower than normal, the couch gets really hot when you never get off of it, and my pregnancy induced acid reflux isn't helped by the fact that my body is always horizontal!

That said, it's only been 24 hours and bed rest has also made me realize how incredibly blessed I am to have so many people around me that love me! Here are a few examples:

My dad brought me and my mom dinner last night from Chilis, then stayed to put together a bouncy seat for one of the kiddos (he was the perfect person because he'd already put together the first bouncy seat!)

My mom was over here putting away the tons of clothes that she had taken to her house to wash and fold (dad says you couldn't even see the hardwood floors in their house for all the onesies and burp cloths everywhere). She's seperated all the clothes into bins by size and is now working on putting them all away in their dressers and closets. Oh, and did I mention that she also irons? Both babies already have lots of ironed outfits hanging neatly in their closests! I think she knows that if she doesn't iron, it just won't ever get done and her grandchildren will be forever wrinkly.

Jason is amazing. He seems to be a never ending flood of energy and he's done soooo much for me lately! I am going to save the big stuff for a blog post later this week (complete with pictures), but I have to mention the little stuff he does......getting the mail, doing all the grocery shopping, cooking dinner for me, cutting up Watermelons and Pineapples so I can quickly grab them out of the fridge and constantly refilling my glass of water. The list could go on forever! I am so appreciative and thankful to have a husband that will do literally EVERYTHING for me without any complaining!

We are going to the Perinatologist today to get another Ultrasound, so, I'll let you know more about the size of each baby tomorrow. Expect to hear more from me in the next few weeks....after all, what else am I doing??

No comments:

Post a Comment