Monday, October 5, 2009

Our First Babysitter

Today, Amy Baker came to visit and teach us a thing or two about parenting. She helped us give our kids their first bath (I'll probably post some videos of that later), taught us how to take a rectal temperature (Amy and I were nervous about that), and to top it off, she said she would watch the babies so Amy and I could spend a night on the town. And by "night," I mean less than two hours in the afternoon. And by "town," I mean HEB.

Amy Case actually missed shopping for groceries at HEB during the month she was on bed rest. When Amy Baker said she would watch the twins while we went on a date to HEB, Amy Case was thrilled. While we were gone, everything went very smoothly. Thankfully, our kids behaved nicely. (Not that them behaving is a surprise. They are great kids.)

Amy Baker sure set the bar high for future babysitters. She came to the table with a resume featuring being the mother of three great kids and working as both a pediatric nurse and a neo-natal intensive care nurse. So yes, we felt safe leaving the kids with her.

1 comment:

  1. What a great first babysitter! (I am a little prejudiced.) I'm only 2 steps through your blog and I can tell that Caroline is athletic. A 4 shot of poop is impressive.
    Love,
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete