Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Visit From Grandma

My mom stayed with Amy and I all last week to help out and play with her grandkids. She was a very big help and did all sorts of stuff for us like change diapers, help with early morning feedings, make meals, and clean. The kids (and their parents) definitely appreciated Grandma visiting.

When Grandma was here, she was almost constantly holding one of the babies and talking to them. I don't know how someone can have so many words. It was especially nice having her here in the middle of the night. If someone wouldn't go to sleep, Amy and I wouldn't need to argue who's turn it was to stay up and calm the baby. (Not that this is really a big problem...Our kids have been little angels during their first three weeks.) Grandma was always up in the middle of the night ready to help.

It was nice having someone help out with the first week I was back at work (half time). That allowed Amy time to run an errand or two during the day and made it possible for Amy and I to go on a date Friday night. Since Amy hadn't been out to eat in over a month, I told her she could pick any place she wanted to go. With her choice of any restaurant, Amy picked a little known place called Chili's. I'm a fan of chains and I like Chili's, but I was still surprised that is where Amy wanted to go after eating at home for over a month. :)

Here are a few pictures of Grandma and grandchildren.

No comments:

Post a Comment