Thursday, September 16, 2010

Seattle -- Part 2: Mount Rainier

On our second day in Seattle, Amy and I decided to take the kids to Mount Rainier. It was close to three hours away but was well worth the drive. We even stopped at the one Sonic in the Seattle area on the way to AND from Mount Rainier.

Here is Mount Rainier.
We spent most of our time at a part of the park called Paradise. The kids had a lot of fun there.

Here I am pushing the twins up a trail. It was paved for about a mile so that is as far as we got.
On a side note, about fifty feet from the top of the trail, Amy decided to push the stroller as I took a few pictures. A group of people at the top were amazed that she pushed the kids all the way up. Amy tells me she set them straight but I'm not so sure. :)

Here are the views from the end of the trail.Caroline was exhausted by the time we made it back down the trail. Here she is in a deep sleep. The best part of this picture is the "baby cheeto" in her right hand. (I'm not sure what they are actually called.)
Sadly, Amy and I forgot to bring sunblock on this trip. We tried to keep the kids covered but they got their first sunburn. :( It was very minor and went away in a day or two but we still felt bad about it. We carried sunblock with us the rest of the trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment